Monday, January 31, 2011

Changing the World

America...are we falling behind? 

The value of an education- "We need affordable education, everyone must be educated!  Education is the cure to all ignorance!  The advancements of the world depend on an EDUCATION!" 

Lets be honest- kids cut class.  They drop out.  Some just don't care.  Teachers always have that annoying child in their class who asks, "Why do I have to learn this?  I will never use/need this!  I'm not going to be a math teacher or anything!"  I have to admit, I haven't used the quadratic formula since high school and  my phone can calculate a tip at a restaurant for me.  Is there some truth to a child's whining cry about school? 

What we need are practical places that these skills will be put to use- and I'm not talking about a profession- I mean the streets.  Let's start with Mathematics.  I'm thinking of a Disney World gone ghetto.  The government buys an entire street that wraps around the school building and names it "MATH ST."  At first, people will be hired to dress up as numbers and live there...but later on, it will become a way of life.  It will be the scariest shit ever...and 6 will really be scared of 7 because 789.  I want kids to have to walk through "MATH ST." everyday and see the practicality of it all.  They'll be waiting for the bus one minute and the next being held up by number 3 and asked for the quadratic equation.  Kids will learn this shit just to survive their walk to and from school.  Of course there will be those kids who decide to avoid school altogether in order to avoid "MATH ST" but that's when we expand the idea and start to incorporate "LANGUAGE ARTS ST." that surrounds their house- everytime they want to leave the house, a person dressed as the letter R will kick the shit out of them until they can name 10 gerunds and recite the definition of "sesquipedalianism".  There will actually be "spelling bees" that fly around " and sting you if you dont know how to spell something.  School just got real..shhhiiit

"When do I need this?  When will I ever use this?" 
Walk outside you little punk ass bitches- that's when you will need this, that's when you'll use this.  Problem solved.

Kristin Wicke for President!

No comments:

Post a Comment